Collegamenti ai contenuti della pagina:
il contenuto della pagina -
il menu di navigazione -
Degree seeking students

Contenuto della pagina

Admission and Enrollment procedure for EU prospective students and equivalents

This page is addressed to EU citizens, non EU regularly residing in Italy and Italian citizens with foreign academic qualification. If you have a dual citizenship and one is European, you are considered EU.

If you have reached this page, that means you have taken a look at our Programs, our support and our facilities and come to a decision: Pavia is the place for me! Now let’s get your application sorted out.

Before Making your application:

1. In order to be eligible to apply to Bachelor degree program, you must hold a secondary school qualification conferred after a minimum of 12 years of schooling (overall). If you do not satisfy this requirement, you can choose to:
a: attend our Foundation Year program
b: b: fill the gap year by having completed at least 1 year of university/college study if the pre-university schooling is only of 11 years. An official certificate of attendance issued by your university/college will be required.

2. In order to be eligible to apply to a Master degree program, you must hold a Bachelor degree title after a minimum of 3 years.

3. All regulations concerning the admission of students holding a foreign degree to Italian Universities are reported in detail in a document issued yearly by the Ministry of University and Research. Click the link to check the regulations on admission to the AY 2021/2022.

4. Make sure that your qualifications match what we're looking for: see the appropriate terms and conditions for offers made in the academic year 2021/22 here ( A selective admission test can be required for some Bachelor or Master degree programs.

1. Apply here and check the deadline for applying;

2. Master degree program applicants must pay a 35 euro application fee. Instructions will be given while applying.

Please note: EU citizens, non EU regularly residing in Italy, Italian citizens with foreign academic qualification and Non-EU student residing outside Italy but have obtained your qualification from one of the following schools follow the same admission and enrollment procedure as Italian students:

1. Italian high school or an Italian school abroad;
2. school listed in Attachment 2;
3. University of Siena/Perugia for foreigners with Diploma di lingua e cultura italiana;
4. any school but with an Italian language certificate of C1 or C2 level issued by CILS, CELI, ROMA3, PLIDA, Università per stranieri “Dante Alighieri” di Reggio Calabria or affiliated Istituti Italiani di Cultura abroad;

A selective admission test can be required for some Bachelor or Master degree programs. Read the call for applicants of your program carefully and check if the admission is open, or there will be a written admission test or an admission interview.

Admitted students can finally proceed to the on-line enrollment registering in the Student Portal (Area Riservata). Always remember to check the dealine for on-line enrollment which can be found in the call for applicants of the course.

Before getting it started, prepare the following documents:
1. a passport size photo in JPEG
2. a copy of passport in PDF or JPEG
3. a copy of Italian fiscal code in PDF or JPEG
4. a copy of Italian permit of stay/receipt of application in PDF or JPEG if applicable

Then enter Area Riservata with your fiscal code and the password assigned by the system, go to the Enrollment section and start your on-line enrollment. Follow the indications to fill in the enrollment request with your personal information and upload the above-mentioned documents as required by the system.

After that your on-line enrollment has been completed correctly, the system will generate a receipt of enrollment and then you can proceed to pay the first installment of 156 euros through the PagoPA system on-line or off-line. See this page University Payments to learn how to make your payment.

In order to regularize their enrollment, students must send scans of the following documents to the Registrar's Office (

1. Qualifications
    Students enrolling in a bachelor degree program: high school diploma with DOV(Dichiarazione di valore) / CIMEA Certificate of comparability. The diploma can be original, a certified copy, a replacement certificate.

   Students enrolling in a master degree program:
   a. The final diploma (original copy, certified copy or replacement certificate) translated into Italian and legalized by the Italian embassy/consulate or apostilled. In case the document is issued in English language by the home university, no translation is needed
   b. DOV(Dichiarazione di valore) OR CIMEA Statement of comparability OR Diploma Supplement.

The translation into Italian remains fundamental for the final diploma which should be legalized by the Italian embassy/consulate. The qualification can be original, a certified copy, a replacement certificate.

2. Submit a copy of your visa and permit of stay (or a proof of appointment) to the Registrar's Office if applicable;

In case the Italian embassy/consulate or CIMEA delays issuing the relevant documents, students must complete the documentation by 30th September 2022. Students who will not be able to complete the documentation by 30th September 2022 will remain in the first year for the academic year 2022/2023.